Victoria
NLR 2nd class coach, picture from the page of the Furness Railway Trust detailing its restoration.

Mr Will Quale, as part of his very informative pages about the Furness Railway, has some interesting material with regard to Victoria, the newest Railway Series character from Thomas and Victoria, RWS Book 41 published in 2007, on a page where he also discusses Edward's FR origins with help from images on this site.

He suggests the story of Victoria's recovery was based on that of the Furness Railway Trust's recent aquisition of its Vintage North London Guards and Luggage Van, while the prototype for Victoria herself is this 2nd class North London four-wheel coach

The coach was built for the North London Railway, at a date unkown, but most probably in Queen Victoria's reign, and became part of LNWR stock in 1914. This gave it the means to get from London to the far north of the country in Cumbria, where it was used for workmans' trains on the old Furness Railway lines in the 1920s (then part of the LMS). After many years of service, it was parked at Ulverston Station sometime before the Second World War, where it was used as a store, and the wheels and underframe were removed. In 1971 it was purchased from British Rail for the sum of £5 by members of the Lakeside Railway Society and moved to Haverthwaite Station. For 30 years subsequently, it was used as a store for the Lakeside & Haverthwaite Railway's Carriage and Wagon Department, and in 1990, ownership was transferred to the Furness Railway Trust. By 2003 it was restored and in traffic on the Lakeside & Haverthwaite Railway, as part of their vintage train hauled by FR 0-4-0 No. 20, the oldest working standard gauge steam engine in the UK from 1863. As that locomotive, the coach carries the Furness Railway's "Indian Red" livery, rather than a blue and white reminiscent of the Skarloey Railway coach livery.

Toad<----

---->Skarloey Railway