Starting from the junction with the Main Line at Knapford:
calling at Dryaw, Toryreck, Elsbridge and Hackenbeck Halt to terminate at Ffarquhar, location of the engine sheds
Has a harbour spur from Toryreck, worked by Percy, which also has a connecting system from a defunct lead mine, and a streetside connection from Ffarquhar runs to the private line of Anopha Quarry, worked by Mavis.
Carries passengers, quarry stone and farm produce, including milk. Some passenger trains work into Tidmouth to pick up a through coach from the Wild Nor' Wester express.
From the 1972 Surprise Packet, with thanks to David Butchers. Copyright control.
From a picture in the the Rev Awdry's model railway scrapbook at the NGRM, with thanks.
The Ffarquhar end was modelled in 1955, and the station has continued as the centrepiece of the Rev's main standard gauge layout to the present day. The name "Ffarquhar" actually dates from a model of 1927, when the Rev Awdry was just 16 and the Railway Series was in the distant future.
From the Railway Modeller, December 1959.