Thanks to Ernest Leung for this research

From the Railway Preservation Society of Ireland, K2 class No 461.
James in Ireland
2-6-0 No. 461 complete with a well filled firebox (!) departing Killucan station. Photo © B. Pickup.

Built in 1922 for the Dublin and South Eastern Railway (D&SER), survived merger with the Great Southern Railways (GSR) in 1925 and nationlisation into Coras Iompair Eireann (CIE) in 1945. Withdrawn in 1962 and presented by CIE to the Railway Preservation Society of Ireland (RPSI) in 1977, returned to traffic in 1990.

She is very similar to James, besides the sandboxes on the splashers and running Ireland's gauge of 5’ 3".

This engine, the only inside-cylindered mogul in Ireland and the UK, is now the subject of a major restoration appeal. Cick HERE to read about it and contribute.

B Class 2-6-0s of Bengal Nagpur Railway (BNR)

Images and text of Indian locomotives supplied by Ernest Leung.

B Class 2-6-0s of Bengal Nagpur Railway (BNR) were compound locomotives built by Neilson and Co. and were the only locomotives with this wheel arrangement ever used on this railway.

F3 Class 2-6-0 locomotive was originally No. 177 of Indian Midland Railway (IMR)
F3 Class 2-6-0 locomotive was originally No. 177 of Indian Midland Railway (IMR) built by Vulcan Foundry in 1896. Great Indian Peninsular Railway (GIPR) added 1000 to the numbers of IMR locomotives in 1904 so it became 1177. The predecessor F2 class of this species was known as ‘Torpedoes’ and F3s came to be known as ‘New Torpedoes’.
F2 Class 2-6-0 locomotive was originally No. 164 of Indian Midland Railway (IMR)
Seen here at Agra in 1929, the F2 Class 2-6-0 locomotive was originally No. 164 of Indian Midland Railway (IMR) built by Vulcan Foundry in 1893. Great Indian Peninsular Railway (GIPR) added 1000 to the numbers of IMR locomotives in 1904 so it became 1164. The ten locomotives of F2 class were known as ‘Torpedoes’.

Back to James